Rosehip seed oil is one of the most popular and versatile oils used in skincare.
The incredible rosehip seed oil with its exceptional regenerative properties is produced by solvent extraction or cold pressing the seeds of wild Chilean rosehips.
The colour can vary from pale yellow to a deep, rich golden orange. The depth of colour of the rosehip seed oil is an indication of the presence of beneficial compounds like carotenoids, vitamins, minerals and lycopene. The deepest colour comes from organically grown rosehips and provides the most skin conditioning benefits.
Rosehip Seed Oil is rich in both Linolenic and Linoleic Acids as well as being naturally high in Vitamins A, C and E. It is this combination that makes rosehip seed oil extremely beneficial in the repair and regeneration of skin tissue. Tannins add astringent qualities making it a fast adsorbing and non-comedogenic oil with a silky skin feel. Carotenoids are a precursor of vitamin A and are metabolised in the body which can then be converted to vitamin A. Carotenoids also contributes to the colour of rosehip seed oil and are therefore an indication of its content in the oil. Vitamins A, C and E are potent antioxidants which help to protect against oxidative stress caused by UV radiation and other environmental stress which lead to premature ageing.
Some of the many benefits of Rosehip Seed Oil include:
- A reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves the look of scar tissue due to acne, pregnancy, surgery or injury
- Reduces the formation of keloid scar tissue
- Reduces dark spots and hyperpigmentation due to UV exposure
- Promotes collagen production and increases elastin content for a firmer skin tone
- Strong antioxidant properties protect against free radical damage
- Provides a lipid barrier to help protect, nourish and support the skin structure
- Reduces redness and irritation
- Helps with the healing of burns
It is no wonder this amazing oil is so readily used in skincare. Organic Rosehip Seed Oil is just one of the many beautiful botanical oils used in our Day and Night Serums. Click on the links below to visit our secure online store and to learn more:
Inspired by the Beauty and Science of Nature,
Vesna @ Flora Maia